Summer's gone, and it's time for autumn closet storage and organization. The big switch-over for your wardrobe might seem daunting, but here are some tips on getting it done right:
- Evaluate your summer clothes, and donate your unused garments. If you haven't worn it all summer, give it to someone who will.
- After you've sorted through everything, thoroughly clean, vacuum, and dust out your closet.
- Wash the clothes you'll be storing over the winter before you put them away. Food or dirt can become permanent stains if they�™re left over the winter.
- Store your summer wear in a ventilated, protected area. Don't let your clothes get exposed to extreme temperatures and moisture in basements, garages, or attics. The best place is in clear plastic containers on the higher shelves of your closet. To keep your clothes smelling fresh and to thwart insects, place a sachet of cedar chips, rosemary, or lavender in each box.
- Line any plastic containers with a cotton sheet so that fragile clothing doesn't come in contact with the plastic.
Artisan Custom Closets is organizing Atlanta, one luxury closet at a time. Contact us or call us for more information about elegant, functional ways to maintain your wardrobe.