A double garage offers plenty of space to store your items, park your car, and complete outdoorsy activities. Make sure your double garage is both functional and attractive by implementing some of these design ideas.
- Choose a garage door that matches the rest of your home exterior. A good way to do this is to focus on the windows. Use the same windows on your home and garage, if possible.
- If your ceiling space allows for it, build a loft into your double garage. This is a good place to stash items you rarely use, so they don't clutter up the rest of your space.
- On at least one wall of your garage, build in some custom cabinetry. It will add style to the space and allow you to store your items out of sight.
- Some wall-mounted shelves are perfect for the back wall of your garage. They let you use some of your more attractive items (bike accessories, for example) as a sort-of decor.
- Make half of the garage into a workspace, with a workbench, storage cabinets and the like.