A custom closet is not a luxury that is only for the rich and famous. With only a few strategic changes, you can completely transform any space in your home into a custom and organized space for all your storage needs.
Adding a custom closet is one of the best options to create a truly personalized storage space. Over the last decade, we have seen custom closets grow significantly popular. Many homeowners recognize the value these bring to their space and how beneficial they have become for proper storage. If you are asking yourself, are custom closets worth it? Then you must recognize the benefits that they bring.
The Benefits of a Custom Closet
If you are undecided about adding a custom closet to your space, you must recognize the benefits of doing so. A custom closet is generally a great way to get organized to help maximize the space in your home. Some of the benefits of installing a custom closet include the following:
- You can choose the layout that best fits your space. This ensures that it goes unused in that you can maximize the use of the existing space in your home.
- You can customize the shelves, hanger rods, and drawers needed to store your goods.
Installing a custom closet allows you to choose all of the finishes, colors, and materials that go into your space. This will enable you to design a wardrobe that matches your decor beautifully.
Does Adding a Closet Increase Home Value?
If you find yourself asking why are custom closets so expensive, it is crucial to recognize that the amount that you invest into your space will come back to you when you decide to resell your home.
A custom closet can significantly help when it comes to the reserve value of your home. Adding a custom closet space can help improve storage, improve aesthetics, and create a more functional space for potential buyers.
A custom closet will add value to your home as it is often an important selling point. A lot of people who are purchasing homes genuinely desire to have a perfect storage option for their belongings. Custom closets provide ample space to store clothing and various other accessories.
Custom Closet Components to Consider
When designing a custom closet, you must understand the various components you can include in your space. Some of the most common have:
- Shelving: You must have enough shelving to accommodate your needs. Custom shelving can be designed to fit your space truly. This gives you the ability to add additional shells if you ever need to do so in the future
- Hanging space: Closet bars are also vital. You must have enough room to hang your clothes. You can also consider hanging space for purses, ties, or other accessories. If you desire, you can include double rods or even pullout racks.
- Drawers: adding drawers is an excellent way to create additional storage in your space. Custom drawers can also be added to hanging spaces or shelves for even more storage options.
- Doors: adding doors can also help to contain the clutter and keep your belongings out of sight when unused. You can select custom doors, including those made out of mirrors, glass, or would.
It is essential that you also consider lighting when designing your custom closet. You'll want to ensure you have plenty of light to find what you're looking for quickly. You can choose from various custom lighting options, including recessed, pendant, or track lighting.
There are endless ways that you can customize a closet for your home. From colors to materials to shelving options or storage choices, you can create the space you love for your home. If you desire to find a closet builder near me, you must reach out to us through our website. Our experts can meet with you at your earliest convenience to discuss your space and the options available for your home.