Do you walk into your laundry room to find it in such disarray that you want to turn around and walk out? But it doesn't have to be this way. One great solution is to install custom laundry room storage, and everything will have a place of its own. Make note of the following tips to spring clean your custom laundry room:
- Get rid of clutter by investing in baskets to keep items neatly together. For instance, place towels, linens, socks with no matches, or any other item that is cluttering your laundry room in these baskets.
- Use your space efficiently. For example, a beadboard drying rack is terrific for drying clothes, and if it's placed on the wall, it does not take up any valuable floor space.
- Use edge shelves in trim and wallpaper on your shelves for a pretty look. You can place trays on the shelves to keep laundry and sewing items together in one spot.
- Remove lint from your dryer's vent and ducts, which will also help your clothes to dry faster. If you do not remove the lint, it can become a fire hazard. Also, fabric softener sheets can create a residue on the lent trap. Remove the trap, and wash it in the sink with soap and water.
- Make sure to maintain your washing machine and dryer. Pull them out from the wall, and using a brush vacuum attachment, vacuum the backsides to remove any dirt. Using an all-purpose cleaner, wipe down the sides and top of both machines.